QUit Hunting & Pecking of Keyboard
If you are having a bad typing experience and suffering from the old traditional style of typing, then this article is a perfect guide for you.
As the title of this article suggests, I am going to throw cast on how to Quit hunting and pecking habits of keyboarding. Hunting and pecking mainly refer to a typing style, where a person blindly types without memorizing the keys of the keyboard. Stop hunting and pecking is the dream of every typist because it limits one’s abilities.
who is a hunt and peck typist?
Hunting and pecking of the keyboard refer to the acts of searching for every key and then pressing it with either the index or another finger. In other words, the typist has not memorized the keyboard and so may use only one or two fingers for typing any key on the keyboard, regardless of the key’s position. It is also known It is also known as chicken pecking typing.
Disadvantages of Hunting and Pecking
Before looking at how to quit hunting and pecking, let’s talk about some of the disadvantages of hunting and pecking:
- Divided Attention: Hunting and pecking mean typing by keeping your eyes on the keyboard. It always keeps a person entangled towards the keys while he/she wishes to type. It not only draws your attention and forces you to look at the keyboard but also limits the thinking ability because you always look to find characters instead of focusing on work. In this method of typing, a finger can hit any key at any time, which ultimately leads to a lack of typing speed and accuracy.
- Spelling or Grammar Errors: When you are typing with two fingers, you will not notice any spelling or grammar mistakes till you have made them. Touch typing allows you to edit and fix any spelling or grammar mistakes as you go. During touch typing, you can easily use the backspace key to fix them.
Things to Do to Quit Hunting and Pecking of Keyboard
Here at Typing12.com, we have assembled simple things you need to avoid and overcome hunting and pecking of the keyboard:
1. Stop Staring Down at Your Keyboard
It can be extremely tempting to stop staring down at your keyboard. But, to quit hunting and pecking habit, you need to memorize the keys of the keyboard. Touch typing can be your biggest campaigner in quitting hunting and pecking. Always keep your eyes on the screen and try to hit the right keys.
2. Learn Touch Typing
3. Type Daily
4. Learn Keyboard Shortcuts
5. Put Stickers on Key Labels to Hide Them
6. Use a Timer (Stopwatch) to Give Yourself a Challenge
7. Play Typing Games
8. Take Typing Tests to Quit Hunting and Pecking of Keyboard
9. Stay Strong and Do not Give Up Till Quit Hunting and Pecking of Keyboard
These days, people want to type faster than a machine. If your typing approach is not good, then you can only dream of fast typing speed. But not anymore because this article is the perfect guide for you. You can overcome the bad habit of hunting and pecking by adopting a new and practical typing method. Typing tests and games can also be convenient for this purpose. This article has some fundamental techniques, which can help you in quitting hunting and pecking.